Bundee Aki: Ireland centre has Rugby World Cup ban upheld
Ireland centre Bundee Aki was banned in the remainder of the Rugby World Cup following the red card he received in the swimming pool period was upheld.
Also the three-week ban means that he would miss out on any games, along with also aki will miss Irelands quarter-final against tournament favourites New Zealand on Saturday needs to Joe Schmidts side advance.
The Samoan-born back has been sent off for a dangerous tackle on UJ Seuteni through Irelands 47-5 triumph over the Pacific Islanders on Saturday.
A statement from tournament organisers explained that a separate judicial committeedidnt find the referees conclusion was incorrect and the red card had been faked.
Though the attack happened immediately, the participants tackle height was high and it had been approved he did not create a definite attempt to modify his height to be able to avert the ball carriers mind, the announcement said.
The committee did not accept that there was sufficient evidence of a sudden drop at the ball carriers height.
Samoa head coach Steve Jackson made an impassioned defence of Akis future participation in the championship after the game, also said his group woulddo whatever we can to ensure he gets on the field next week.
Aki could have been pushing to get a starting role against the All Blacks, but his absence could pave the way for fit-again Robbie Henshaw to partner Garry Ringrose in midfield.
So has the right to start a challenge, Even the 29-year-old has 48 hours to appeal the decision. But few attempts yield a change of the judgment.
Pro attorney Derek Hegarty to Japan flew outside to get the disciplinary hearing of Aki, but the William Fry spouse was not able to convince the panel to overturn the red card choice.
Read more here: http://ucemadrid.com/?p=2364